Company history

The main facts in our company history:

1946 Tinsmith and roofing expert Gödl from Salzburg creates the aluminium roof tile, which he names "PREFA", derived from the words PREss (press) and FAlz (fold).
1955 Production of PREFA roof tiles is taken over by Fried v. Neuman Zink- und Aluminiumwalzwerk.
1966 Expansion of PREFA product range, establishment of new production and sales paths and Austria-wide use of in-house installation teams
1974 Start of tinsmith supply business on a rotational basis in Lower Austria
1978 Market introduction of the first stove-enamelled PREFA roof tiles and coated aluminium bands for tinsmith needs
1981 Fried v. Neuman Ges.m.b.H. is taken over by the Tubex company group, under the management of Dr Cornelius Grupp.
1985 Construction of in-house powder-coating hall 1990 Foundation of PREFA sales office in Landshut, Germany
1991 Creation of a PREFA dispatch warehouse and sales team for the new federal states from former East Germany in a tube factory belonging to the Fried v. Neuman Group in Wasungen (Thuringia)
1992 Creation of PREFA Sales department and construction of a PREFA production site in Wasungen, Germany
1993 Foundation of PREFA GmbH in Wasungen on 1 April 1993
1998 Opening of a new production site in Wasungen
2001 A ROOF AS STRONG AS A BULL!
2002 Reorganisation of the sales company
2003

Foundation of the sales company PREFA Czech Republic

2004

Foundation of the sales companies PREFA Hungary and PREFA Poland

2009

Foundation of the sales company PREFA GmbH Aluminiumprodukte in Bergisch-Gladbach, Germany

2011 The PREFA group has 330 employees and is represented on the market in 16 coutries
2012 5 years PREFA Italia, Foundation of the PREFA Italia GmbH
2013 Amalgamation of PREFA Aluminiumprodukte GmbH in Cologne with PREFA GmbH Alu-Dächer und Fassaden in Wasungen.